Monday, February 20, 2012

"You need to have a bad day once in a while, otherwise, you'll never know what a good day feels like."

Today I just had one of those days that could have been better. I came home early from school because the thought of learning in spanish today, or just learning in general just made my head spin. I came home and just watched tv for about 4 hours. But I still went to piano. One of these days I will record myself playing my new songs that I have learned and post them...I just need to get around to it...

Even though today was sort of terrible, my weekend was amazing. On Friday one of my friends from AFS came and visited me for the weekend, Mikeala. We went out on friday night with my friends from school, which actually was kind of a funny situation. Mikeala and I were speaking in english (and spanish here or there), and my friend Mariely (who is french) had her friend who was visiting her from France with her, so they were speaking french, and then the other kids in the group were speaking spanish. So we were quite the multilingual group. While we were out, becuase it was carnaval, many people were dressed up. We were walking down by the port and my friends knew these guys who were all dressed as "firefighters" and once they heard me and mikeala speaking english they surrounded us and wouldn´t let us leave. They asked us a million questions and flirted with us for a good half and hour, all the while my friends were laughing and not doing anything to help us...that was fun.

On Saturday we got up, put on shorts and tshirts and walked to the beach. Granted it was like 60 degrees, and probably more in the sun, that isnt warm for malaga, so we got tons of wierd looks.

On saturday night we first went out with Maria and her friends but left to go out to the center. We saw my friend Mariely and stayed with her for a bit, but later went our own way. We ended up staying out until 4 in the morning...gotta love spain<3

On Sunday we got up at ten to clean my room (which looked like it had exploded...i should have taken a picture...) and get going to get mikeala on the bus by 1. We figured if we left at 11:30 we´d have plenty of time. We were wrong. Aparently there was some sort of protest going on in the center of the city so most of the roads were shut down, and the bus system was all screwed up. Plus, it was sunday, so the bus system already is a little different than normal. It took us an hour to get on bus 32 (my normal one), then get to the center and find bus 24, a bus i have never taken, because the bus id normally take to get from the center to the bus station was messed up due to the protest.

We finally got to the bus station at 12:50, with ten minutes to buy her ticket and hope that they werent all sold out yet. What a morning.

Then I proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the day.

some pictures from my 365 project:






1 comment:

  1. Ally awesome blog posts! I'm an exchange student living in Gijon, Asturias and I can totally relate to those days where you just get up and cannot function. Haha its nice to see Im not the only one who randomly doesn't go to school every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete