Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"Expect problems and eat them for breakfast." Alfred A. Montapert

This quote should be the AFS motto, I swear.

So, this past week was pretty boring. I had piano, and my photography class, and stuff. I didn´t go to school Friday becuase I would have had only one class that day, so I was like, I will stay home, no one will miss me. So, I slept in. Got up and ate cereal. Painted Annika a picture (like I promised her I would). Went for a run. Ate lunch. Did my english project. Then went to the beach to take pictures. I had planned on meeting my friend after she had crew, but it didn´t work out. However I did spontaneously meet a guy from Iowa and his friend from England, and we are possibly going out for lunch sometime in the next weeks. :) so that was good.

On Saturday I went to an AFS orientation (in Malaga, so not far for me...a ten minute drive...) For the afternoon we really just played games and talked. One of the activities was to write down a problem you are having and everyone was like...uhh...problems? who has problems? (but...some people do, but only like 5 kids, the rest are happy little foreign exchangers) That is why I love this quote so much. Most of us AFSers just sort of expect things to be a little bumpy, so when we come across a problem we just keep on rolling right over it, even if we need a little push, but no matter what it won´t be the end of the world.
We went out on Saturday night (until 5am...) then got up at 8:30 the next morning. like, whatt?? welcome to Spain. And that is really all I did this weekend. 

Well, many of my teachers are sick (and my math teacher broke her leg, skiing.) So since here they dont have subs, we just dont have class and often times just go home early. Or, like me tomorrow, I am not coming into school until 3rd period because my teachers wont be there. :)

Okay, so now from some of my Project 365 photos.

Add caption




























2 comments:

  1. wow your fotos are amazing!! did you ever take classes or just really know how to use a camera?:D i heard malaga is really awesome, you are so lucky to be so close! hope you have a great rest of the year! ooo and one more thing, which editing program do you use?(unless of course they all come out this perfect jejeje;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am actually currently taking a class, and in the process of learning how to *correctly* use my camera, these are actually all taken with manual settings on my Nikon (which is my life). To be honest, only a few here are edited (only 3, can you guess which ones?)...but i used picnik, however picnik is getting shut down in april... but on the bright side, until april its all free to use. So use it while you can, its great for candid editing, like unprofessional with photoshop and all that. picnik.com <---

    ReplyDelete