Thursday, January 5, 2012

A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in. ~Robert Orben

Back to the quotes:)  also, I am writing this now, so my next post can be dedicated just to three kings day-

I have done nothing this vacation. Nothing. I get a two week vacation and i do nothing. Yet, i dont even mind, its been nice. I cant wait to go back to school and see the kids i havnt seen over break, and to actually have something to keep me busy, yet at the same time, I look at the last three days of break i have, and two weeks of break in spain doesnt mean the same as one week of break in the US. When you only have one week of break, you cherish it, and one week almost seems like an eternity of break, but now that I have had two weeks here, one week seems like nothing.

On Monday I didnt do anything exciting, I mean I hardly remember, so clearly I didnt.
On Tuesday an AFS friend of mine, Mikeala, living in a small city nearish to Granada, but she is from Washington, came and visited me. We didnt have tons of time, but we skimmed basically everything there is to do in malaga. We went to the center, to the beach, ate at the beach, etc. For me a normal day, but she loved it. where she lives here, its pretty cold, like 30s in the morning and at night. Not here in Malaga. She is coming back tomorrow, because her family is, and she is staying at my house over night so we can go to the beach on Saturday.

Yesterday I had another Piano lesson but with a different teacher. The teacher is Swiss, but speaks spanish becuase she has lived here for quite some time. She also speaks german and french. She is extremely nice and I really enjoyed my hour lesson and I am going back next monday. :) She gave me some new music that I cannot wait to learn.
After my lesson I walked home, and got ready for a surprise party for two of my friends, Alberto and Javi. They honestly had no idea and their faces when they walked through the door were priceless.
Today I went to the Cabalgata. A parade to celebrate the arrival of the Three Kings. It was short, and a lot like the parades we have in the US. I didnt get many good pictures (WITH by the way, my new camera lens I recieved in the mail today!! along with my other camera (thank you Mom, Dad, Gran and gramps, Aunt Sue, Uncle Chris, Mimi and PopPop <3))

Also, I decided to begin the project 365 challenge, where you take a photo a day for a whole year. I have the pictures on facebook, but I guess I will post them here too, so here it goes.

Day 1 - With Mariely and Anca on New Years morning at 4am

Day 2 - Padel Trophies in my room

Day 3 - Some flowers I passed while with Mikeala

Day 4 - Alberto and javi´s reaction to their party

Day 5 - The three kings in the Cabalgata

No comments:

Post a Comment