Sunday, January 8, 2012

Three Kings Day. El Dia de los Reyes Magos.
It is basically just like our christmas, except with fewer gifts. Only gifts are recieved from the "Reyes", granted its like 5 or 6 or 7 gifts all from the "reyes" but you dont get any from your parents, or aunts, or uncles. However I did recieve a gift from my grandma, however it was technically from the "reyes" at her house, not actually from her. It is an interesting concept.
We opened all of the gifts at 9am, which didnt please Pablo. Then ate breakfast and headed off to my dad´s parent´s house where it was chaos, with all the little kids running around with their new toys. We didn´t stay long (thank goodness) and we returned home, where my mom´s side of the family had already arrived. At our house we had a barbecue with them and opened more presents and just hung out. Thats really it. Nothing too exciting I guess.
From the "Reyes" I got a new jacket, a watch, a bag, perfume, socks, pants, and possible something else. From the Reyes at my grandmas house i got more perfume and lotion. And finally from my other side off the family I got mittens and a pair of shoes (both which I love...well i love everything I got)

On Sunday I got up at 9am to go to the mountains (like a 40 min drive or less..) to go for a hike with the part of the family. We got pretty close to the top and reached a point that was heavily effected by erosion, and extremely difficult to climb. Because we were hiking with rather young children, we had to turn back. We ended up eating lunch when we returned instead of at the top of the mountain as planned, but thats alright.

In the middle of the mountains

me standing in the valley before
heading up more

the view from where we had to turn back

my host brother, Pablo, and my cousin
striking a pose on the walk back
After the hike we went back home where I watched a movie with my host family, becuase i have a cold, so I didnt feel like going out.

Today we had a pretty mellow day, being the day before going back to school. We went to mass at 12, came home and had lunch, and then I went to attempt to exchange my jacket for a bigger size (my shoulders are too  large...) but all the stores are closed everywhere. When I got home, I walked to the beach and took random photos experimenting with my new lens. You can see them on facebook, but here are some of my favorites.






And I am going to wait until my next post to post my most recent photos from my project 365 becuase there are only two more...

No comments:

Post a Comment