Sunday, January 1, 2012

¡Feliz Año Nuevo!


Well things gradually picked up and got more eventful after christmas, and three kings days is still yet to come!

On Tuesday I didn´t much, yet again, but I went out with Maria and her friends to her friend´s house to watch TV and such.

On Wednesday, well, nothing again. I stayed home with Pablo.

On Thursday I went out with Maria again. We went out dancing and I had tons of fun.

On Friday during the day my family and I went to Marabella, a small town in the Malaga Province about 30 mins from the city. Aparently Marabella has a lot of touristy things to do, so I figured we were going to go downtown to sight see like usual. No, we ended up going to an Adventure Park that had ropes courses in the trees. I was not at all prepared (I was wearing white pants, and flat shoes) but I still did every single course they offered. I was extremely exhausted after, I don´t think I have ever used so much arm muscle in my whole life.

a tightrope

another kind of tightrope

ziplines

rockwall

my host brother crossing a low bridge

rock wall, that was reallly tall

on the end of the "deportisto" course, the hardest one.

a skateboard like thing, in the trees, on wires.



On friday night I stayed home again, but this time alone, but I didnt mind a nice quiet night to myself after the long day of excersize i had.

On Saturday we didnt do anything until we went to mass at 7, then came home and got dressed up and went to my aunt´s house for a New Years celebration and dinner. We got there aroung 9, ate dinner around 10 and then at 11:45 we turned on the TV to watch the clock chimes in Madrid. Here in Spain their tradition is to eat one grape for every single one of the twelve chimes of the clock at midnight, the last chimes of the old year. I couldnt wait to try. However. With only one minute to go until midnight, the TV was having problems, so my uncle went to go fix it. He broke it. We then missed the chimes, and the official turn to midnight. Oh well. Next year.

my host mom, my two host sisters and me.

my host mom, my two host sisters, and my host brother

some of my aunts and little cousins and my grandma.
After midnight I went to my friend´s house. In Spain, the New years Celebration begins at midnight and goes until dawn. We met up with more of our friends and walked around the center of Malaga. Everyone had champagne, many people were drunk and would try and talk with us and flirt with us, which we just ignored.. most of the time. I also have never seen more trash ever in the center of malaga. Usually the city is very clean, but last night, not so much.  The streets were sticky and gross from all of the spilled alcohol and soda.
After wandering around (we are too young to go to bars or clubs or anything, and most parties are private that you had to pay for in advance) we went back to my friend´s house where we hung out, took pictures, watched tv, etc until 4:30 am. At 4:30am Mariely turned to me and asked me how I was getting home, was I being picked up or what. I told her I planned on taking a taxi. So we called the taxi company to get a taxi to come pick me up and they put us on hold for 15 mins, so we just hung up and sat there. Mariely offered to let me stay the night becuase it is too dangerous to walk alone on New Years Night because of all the drunks. So I stayed the night there with Anca and Mariely. Mariely has three dogs and a cat, so I got to spend some time with animals, por finn.

Mariely and me

me-mariely-anca






Happy new Year everyone!
a week til three kings  day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment