Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The second day of Christmas

So....my twelve days of christmas are a little off, becuase my twelfth day of christmas is christmas eve, not christmas, but thats okay. I think technically the 12 days of christmas are actually from christmas day (the 25th) to three kings day (january 6)...soo

On the second day of christmas my new friends talked with me about holidays
and the trimestrals we have to study.

So...today I had a realllly long conversation during my biology class (the teacher gave us a free period to study) about the holiday traditions in the US and the traditions they have here. They all were so excited to share their traditions with me and help me learn about the spanish celebrations. It actually was pretty entertaining, theyd all talk at the same time, and then as soon as I started to say something about the US theyd all get real quiet, becuase, ohmygoodness the american girl is actually talking. I really do talk a lot with some of the kids in my class, but not all of them. So, some of them still think i am deficient at the language and cannot communicate, so sometimes, when I even say one whole sentence (no matter how simple..) they are like "yay ally! You are learning!!". Its hilarious. Although, it is sort of a pain, becuase I really dont like it when all of the attention is turned to me whenever I am talking, but here, thats just how it is. I start to speak and literally every single head turns to me and everyone is listening, no matter how unimportant the subject is. They all want to hear the american girl talk, and when i say it perfectly they all clap and when i mess up at least 5 people correct me. For a regular conversation, it can get pretty annoying. So, i usually just stick with speaking to the kids who know me, and know that I am actually able to communicate pretty well and they do correct me sometimes, when it, but they treat me like I am spanish too, or at least, they treat me as an equal and not just "the american", which i really appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment