Thursday, December 22, 2011

The ninth day of christmas

On the ninth day of christmas my friend went with me (almost) nine miles walking
8 cross walks
7 more things learned
6 more clothes stores
5 jewlery stores
4 more random stores
3 more strangers talking
2 more christmas presents
and one free meal at burger king

I went to the photography school downtown today to fill out the rest of the forms and be officially enrolled in the class. I took the bus downtown and found the place, pressed the buzzer, and got there all by myself. I am so independent :) After I finished their I began to walk to the town hall where I was supposed to meet my friend, I had 30 mins to spare (becuase I gave myself extra time in case I got lost, but I didnt...soo) so i went to a couple stores and bought a few things I have needed like tights and the such.
Oh, but wait, I forgot. After I left the photography school some middle aged guy on a bike pulled up next to me and asked me for the time, since I hada  watch I told him and then kept walking. Except, he followed along side me and started making small talk, and i didnt want to be rude...but he was clearly like twice my age, if not more... He thought i was german too.. I was just like, uh no, bye now.
My friend, Mariely, and I walked basically all over malaga. I didnt mind, I have been slacking incredibly on running. So, it was good. We also talked the whole time, in spanish. It is so easy now to talk in spanish its incredible. The whole time Mariely kept on telling me my spanish is great. Every once and a while shed correct me, but only if the meaning of what I was saying was changed by how i said it, for example, I told her i hated the color of something, so i said, "me odio este color" however this mean "I hate myself color"...obviously not what i wanted to say. its supposed to be, "Odio este color" without the "me".
We also went to burger king for lunch, where Mariely had a coupon that was a 2 for 1 deal. So we got one sandwich free. The lady who was giving the food, assumed that since we got two sandwiches we also ordered two fries, when in reality we only ordered one, because the two for one didnt cover the whole meal, just the sandwiches, so we only got one fry to share. However the lady didnt read the ticket with our order and gave us two fries instead. Free french fries1 plus our two for one deal. good day.
Mariely and I talked a whole bunchh. So, basically we also have a lot in common. She does crew, which means shes athletic (unlike a lot of people here) She also wants to travel all over the world like I do. I am pretty sure she is fluent in French becuase her mom is from France. Becuase she is french, her family celebrates christmas with Santa Claus like we do in the US, I thought that was neat.
Well i think that is it for now. Two days til Christmas. Only two days! (and its still like 70 degrees)

No comments:

Post a Comment