Sunday, December 11, 2011

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." Buddha

well, so this week I basically had no school, leaving me with a plethora of free time (which I guess I oculd have studied...but my attention span for studying only lasts about a half hour...). With this free time I looked at a lot of old pictures, reminiscing on last summer and things back at home. I have also obtained a new addiction, travel blogs. So, I also spent way to much of my time on travel blogs reading about the adventures of some crazy people in this world who I envy, and vow to be like in the future. Then, I realized that although remembering home is healthy, and planning your future is smart, I need to live in the moment a little more. I need to do less of both those things and start living here an now. I am in Spain! I have remembered that I am here for only a short time and I can worry about the future as it comes, and the past has already happened.
So, that is my philosophy lesson for this week, since I didn´t actually have filosofia in school this week with Carmelo.

I mean, granted I had a lot of free time this week, I did actually do stuff too. On Tuesday, we went golfing again, at the same place as last time. Except this time I was sort exhausted, so I didn´t try to hard, or play that much. But after we went to the same Pizzeria. Oh, increiblee, me encanta la pizza :) and all the pizzas were for only five dollars. I got a hawiian and was in paradaise. I love pizza so muchh. When we got home I took a nap. I was so tired...

On Wednesday I had school, except in the afternoon instead of having french class, well for the whole school, instead of having our last period class, we ate a traditional food of Malaga called "Migas". It is fried bread crumbs with vegetables and meat, or anything else you want with it. It wasn´t delicious, but it wasn´t bad either. All of my friends were obsessed with me trying it and every single person in my school asked me if I liked it or not. My lengua teacher even gave me a small history of it.
Aparently, it is the food for the poor, becuase it can be made with stale bread and you wouldnt even know it becuase the bread is fried. And migas can go with anything, so whatever you happen to have in your house you can mix in, and voila! you have a meal made with stale bread that still tastes good. After eating you could go home, whenever you want, even if school didnt close for another 40 mins.

On Thursday I went to church in the morning with my family and then we went to the port. This part of the port was just recently finished and is gorgeous! This was my first time down there. We went to "Foster Hollywood" an american resteraunt, which I dont know if its just me, but I have never heard of it until now...
We had burgers and cheesecake, yummmm.

The view of the cathedral and the mountains
from one side of the port

The boats :) 

the port.
On Friday, I technically had school, but because its a Friday and we didn´t have school on Thursday no one went. So, I decided that I didn´t want to go either :) I went downtown with Theresa and went shopping alittle, finishing up those last few christmas gifts, and we talked about christmas and holiday traditions. I would tell you all what i learned from theresa, but I think it will be better to explain the traditions after I actually witness them. Only a few weeks! 
On Friday night I didn´t do anything...I just studied all afternoon...and night.

On Saturday we were supposed to go to Antequerra and Rhonda, two old towns in Malaga, except it was forecasted to be cloudy which wouldnt be any fun...i guess...so we didnt go. I dont know, in Malaga city, on saturday it was perfectly sunny. We went out to lunch at the beach with the family (I dont think I have been out to eat more times in one week...) 

And saturday night I went out again with my two friends from school, Anca and Mariely. We went to the movies (we walked the whole way.... I met Anca near my house at the bus stop, we then walked to Mariely´s house...and then walked to the center, where we would normally get a bus, but kept walking all the way to the theater...guess that makes up for not running...) 
After the movies (we saw "In Time" by the way...it was really good, sorta confusing, but i understood it even though it was in spanish!!) we met up with Anca´s sister and her boyfriend. I may have mentioned this, but Anca is from Romania. Her sister is too (obviously...) and so is her sister´s boyfriend. So, occasionally in the middle of conversation in Spanish (already hard enough to understand) they would start talking in romanian. Awesome. At least Mariely doesn´t speak romanian so she didn´t understand either. By the time we finished eating dinner it was 11 and we walked to the center where, Mariely realized it was 11:23 and she had to be home by 11:30. Her house isnt too far from the center to walk there, but its too far to walk there in 7 minutes, so we went to wait for the bus, but after 11, only the N1 bus runs, and it runs the whole city, instead of it being broken into three different busses, so by the time the bus got to us it was 11:28. We sprinted onto the bus, and at Mariely´s stop she ran off the bus and sprinted down the street, it was pretty hilarious. I think she ended up being 4 minutes late, but it was okay because her mom was on the phone with her brothers at college, so her mom was in a good mood!
So, when my stop came along, I got up and pressed the stop button. The bus stopped at my stop but the doors in the back of the bus where I was didnt open...I freaked out. the bus continued on so i pressed the stop button again for the next stop and ran to the front of the bus to get off there. I only had to walk an extra block, but it was still a pretty frightening experience when you miss your stop...

Today I went to church and to my grandmas house, like usual. And now I am going to go play wii with Pablo, becaues he was just playing mariokart by himself, and he looked at me and goes "ally its no fun without you!" so...i guess i will finish writing this blog and play wii with him, instead of studying.

No comments:

Post a Comment