Monday, December 5, 2011

The shortest distance between new friends is a smile.

To be completely honest, I think that last week was my first week that I actually went to school every single day, and for the whole day every single day. Quite the quality education, huh? I think I have missed more days of school here in the last three months than I ever did in the 11 years in Old Lyme.

So, on Friday I was informed that by Monday (today) I had to write an eight page essay on the psychoanalysis of the book "Frankenstein". Plus, I also had to answer eight long answer questions AND write two OTHER essays one about the immortal soul and another about the mind vs. the brain. Oh, and on top of having to do that work I actually had things planned this weekend.

On Friday I went to the movies with two of my friends from my school, Mariely and Anka. We went to see "Breaking Dawn", well here it is called, "Amenacer". I walked to a nearby bus stop to meet Anka, because she lives close to me and because Mariely was still at crew practice. I was alittle early for meeting Anka so I decided to loop around and see where a certain road goes making me go past this one spot twice. Both times, this kid in my class was there and he gave me the wierdest look when I came around the second time. I think he thought I was lost...

After the movie we went out to dinner and Mariely walked home. Anka and I took the bus, however, the bus that I normally take doesn´t run after 10pm, so, I had to take the night bus that stops 20 mins from my house. So, in short, I had to walk 20 minutes to my house, at midnight, alone.

On Saturday, my AFS friend, Noelle, came to Malaga for the day. She is currently living in Sevilla and she is originally from Arizona. My AFS friend Julian also came. I do not know exactly where he is living in Spain, but it is a really small town and the closest city to him is Malaga, so, he comes here quite often. He is from California. We spent the day basically just walking around...I showed them my beautiful city.

After they left I went home and wrote. and wrote. and wrote. and wrote. Those darn essays...and I didnt even finish them all...

On Sunday I went to mass, then to lunch and then to the movies again to see "Jane Eyre" with my aunt and my two sisters. I guess that could be considered a bad decision considering I still had a lot of work to do, but the movie was really good! and...it was in spanish...so i was learning...

So, this week I don´t have that much school. I had school today. I don´t have school tomorrow for a holiday and then on Wednesday I have school again. Thursday I don´t have school for another holiday and then on Friday, no one goes to school, which means I don´t need to either. So basically...4 day weekend here I come!

However...my four day weekend will be spent studying becuase this coming week I have at least one test every single day....

Well time to get back to those essays that I never finished....that were due today....thank god my teacher is understanding and is letting me hand them in late with out points being taken off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment