Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Don't live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable. ~Wendy Wasserstein

I really love this quote, I think that it really stands to represent all AFS Students (or any student who travels abroad in High School). We decided to do something with our lives, and we didn´t decide that we eventually were going to do it, in our future, when we got older; we decided to do it now. We don´t wait for life to begin, we make life begin.

So, life has been pretty simple. Its getting warmer, I´m running again. I have 3 weeks til I go to Switzerland. 4 weeks until Lyla comes.
On Friday, Kate, the other American in my school, came over, and we made brownies then went out and took pictures, and we saw my friend from school who, when he say me threw his shoes in the air then hugged me while picking me up in the air. All of which I was not expecting and got completely shocked. But, I guess its good to know my friends care about me, I guess?

On Saturday I went out with my friend from school, Mariely, and I took portrait pictures of her for my photography class. They came out amazing! I went to her house after and we hung out and talked until 11. I also ate dinner at her house and learned that her mom studied in Kansas City in college.

On Monday I went for a run, came home and just as I was stepping out of the shower Mariely called me and asked if I wanted to go running. So I quickly changed and grabbed my bike and biked with her while she ran. She ran to the port, then stopped and we began to walk back to her house. We attempted to have her sit on my handlebars while i biked, but she is really tall, so I could´t really see past her too well, and her weight made it hard to steer the bike, so we nearly ran over quite a few people, but we managed....for about 100 meters....

Still having fun in Malaga with american friends and spanish friends :) I miss everyone! 3 and a half more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment