Saturday, January 21, 2012

Every house where love abides And friendship is a guest, Is surely home, and home sweet home For there the heart can rest. ~Henry Van Dyke

Well...this has been one of those weeks where I didnt do much (well until today...i went to sevilla). For some reason I was extremely homesick all week, and often finding myself thinking about home and everything wonderful at home, but as the week went on things kept reminding me why I love living here. With only 5 months left (and one week), or as Noelle put it, only 20ish more weekends.....I dont have much time left! These first five months have flown by, and I know these next 5 months are going to go even faster (Im going skiing in february, running a half marathon in March, 95% probably going to Switzerland in April, Lyla is visiting me in April as well, and then...ill only have one month left.....meh...not enough time!)

well for this past week...
On Monday I had piano...
Tuesday I ran after school then had my photography class and we had a class where we went out and took pictures on the street. I learned how to take pictures of moving cars in the night time :)

On wednesday I didnt do anything but go to school and run...
On Thursday I had photography (and ran of course...)
On Friday I went for...what was supposed to be a 7 mile run...but ended up doing like 9...by accident becuase I didnt calculate the distances right in my head. But I felt good, so I didnt mind. Actually running on friday reminded me why I like running. I didnt start until 6:10 so, by the time I got to the beach the sun was setting behind the mountains, and the sky was all kinds of pretty colors, and the air was perfect, and it also reminded me why I love living here in Malaga. Best 9 mile run in my entire life (well...also my first :P)

I woke up at 7:45 this morning to meet Julian at the train station, so we could take a train to Sevilla to visit with two of our AFS friends, Noelle and Katie, who live there. The train was two hours, and we had a perfect day in Sevilla. We walked around a lot of the city. I saw aqueducts, the cathedral, a...well ...a...more modern thing in the middle of the city you can climb up (correction: take an elevator up) and see all of sevilla.[see below for photos] and walked along the river. Then Julian and I had to return to Malaga, so Julian wouldnt miss his last bus home at 8:30. Sevilla was amazing! I just love being in spain....

Noelle, Julian, and me 
"1/14 of the cathedral" -Katie madigan

the thing you can go up to the top of...




Julian, me and katie


pretending to be taller...


This past week I was homesick for home, I missed my family and friends, and most importantly I missed how easy things were in the US. But as the week drew to a close, I realized I wasnt homesick, I was just missing those simple things in life that I took for granted. I realized I didnt come here for things to be simple, I came here to learn, and to learn about a new culture. I realized that i have done just that and more. I have become at home here in Spain, and when I return to the US in five months my homesickness will reverse, and I will be homesick for Malaga. I have become a citizen of a new city, an egual student at a new school, a member of a new family, and piece of my heart has been set into the walls of my new home. Forever I will be homesick for one or the other, but this is not a burden, it is a blessing, to have two places where in which i call my home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment