Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Today is the day after christmas, and I have accomplished nothing. I have watched two episodes of Glee and i watched Grease with my host sisters. And that is all so far today. Maria has invited me to go out with her friends tonight but i am just not feeling it, plus because I have made my own friends, I don´t really feel the need to go out with her friends anymore.

So on Christmas Eve all we did was make christmas cookies that my parents sent me from home :)



We later got dressed up and went to mass at 8:30pm and then after went to my host mom´s dad´s house (this was my first time meeting her side of the family). Her side of the family is considerably smaller, but I enjoyed it. They have three cousins on that side of the family, Blanca (Dani´s age), Marta (..13?) and another girl, but I cannot recall her name, she is Fede´s age. They were all really nice and they all had a good sense of humor. Marta liked talking with me and she thought it was hilarious when I didnt understand, which was fine by me, I have gotten used to not understanding and I now know how to handle it without getting upset. We didnt get home until 1am...

On christmas I didn´t get up until 10ish, the latest I have ever slept on Christmas. Maria and I went to her Grandma´s (on her dad´s side of the family) to help prepare for lunch, considering that this side of the family is much larger (almost 40 people...).

I have come to the conclusion that Christmas here is a lot like Thanksgiving at home. They have different meanings, but the traditions are very similar. I won´t be doing any gift exchanges or any of those types of traditions until January 6th on Three Kings Day.

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment