Thursday, October 6, 2011

"Success is steady progress toward one's personal goals." Jim Rohn

For starters, today has been an excellent day. I have no school becuase of the "Huelga" or the strike. I got to get up around 10, had toast with nutella and a bowl of crunchy nut cereal. Best. Breakfast. Ever.
I then got to go shopping with my host mom, which I really enjoyed, becuase now I have new clothes to wear that fit the style here better. Plus, it was good bonding time and I really do enjoy my host mom´s company.

On top of today being a good day, the rest of the week has been good too, and I don´t see this weekend becoming bad.
Yesterday, I found out that I got one of the best grades on the science test we took on Tuesday. Go figure. I didn´t even answer two of the questions because I had no idea what they meant. So, I guess that means that whatever I did answer I got right.
At lunch yesterday I didn´t just sit there and stare into space, I actually had a conversation with one of my friends! And it wasn´t a one sided conversation that was boring, it actually flowed and we were both involved in the conversation. I am so proud! I am definitly making progress.
Yesterday, I also got invited to a surprise birthday party for one of my friends. Unfortunatly I can´t go and I felt really bad saying I couldn´t, but on Saturday is the AFS orientation in Granada, and that is the same day as the party.

On Sunday my host family is taking me to a horsebarn to find out if I can ride here in Spain. At first I was content not riding here (my alergies have been nonexisitant!) But, I am finding myself to be animal deprived, and riding just sounds amazing right now. I would be happy just to be able to help out around the barn. Horse people are always pretty interesting and in general pretty welcoming.

So overall this week has been 100% better than the whole of September, October is looking good!

Also, for my journalism class that I am taking through VHS I had to complete a photo slideshow of something. I did a day in the life of an AFS student in Spain, and I thought that I would share it here. So here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment