Sunday, October 9, 2011

“Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have.”

Today when I woke up I had a serious case of homesickness. So, I pulled myself out of bed, forced myself to go downstairs and find out the plan for the day and just take it and make what I could out of it.

Today, I had one of my bests days yet.

After church, I went horseback riding! I have missed my horses, and riding was easily enough to make my day 100% better.




however, after riding I went out to lunch with my host family and some of their friends. I tried octopus for the first time and squid, and had a whole bunch of new foods that I had never had before. All of them were delicious!

fish, sorry but I had around 5 different kinds of fish, and
I don´t remember this ones name

Octopus on top of potatoes, delicious.

fried eggplant. Possibly my new favorite food, especially with honey/molasses


And thennn, after that I got to go in a private plane owned by my host family´s friends. It was amazing. It is only a two person plane, so we had to go up one at a time with Monolo, the family friend. Monolo even let me drive it!









Also, I learned out to drive a motorcycle, that has gears, like a standard car. It was so difficult and I kept doing wheelies by accident...but it was sooo much fun once I got the hang of it. Hey Mom, can I get my motorcycles license when I home? and maybe my pilots license while I am at it...

1 comment:

  1. Hey. Food photos require labels!! I see the octopus. Are the fish sardines? What're the round things? Eggplant?? Glad you're having fun!!
    Doug.

    ReplyDelete