Tuesday, September 6, 2011

"We live in a world full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. "

I made it. I have started on my new adventure on my year abroad.

I have been here for about 4 days now and I am loving it. It´s rough though, because my spanish is horrible. Coming into this experience I knew that I wouldn´t know a lot of what was going on, but I guess I wasn´t quite completely prepared. In Spain I feel like a deaf mute. I sit in a room with everyone talking and it all makes no sense whatsoever. (It also really doesn´t help that Spanairds are very loud) I try and pick out pieces, which I do, and I try and make sense out of it, but it is really difficult. But, I am learning, and Maria, her family, and her friends are all helping me out. When they talk with me they talk "muy lento", very slow and when I speak with them and I don´t know words, we work together to figure out what I am trying to say. Even though Maria speaks fluent English, and it would be easier for her to speak with me in english or she translate for me, she speaks with me in Spanish so I can learn faster. But despite the language barrier (which I will soon overcome) Spain is amazing.

I will update when I can. Hope you all are doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment