Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."

So school begins tomorrow. I will be spending my Junior year at IES Mayorazgo, and I have no idea what to expect. At all. Nada. At this moment in time, I don´t even know when I have to get up in the morning. I am also not even quite sure exactly what classes I have. What I actually do know is that I don´t have to move around from class to class for each subject. You stay in one classroom the whole day with the same kids. (Thank god. I would be so lost) This whole one classroom/same kids deal for the whole year probably leads to some pretty tight friendships, so hopefully that will work to my benefit. I have been spending the previous two weeks with Maria´s friends, who don´t go to my school and nor does Maria. Maria´s friends are great and I don´t doubt that I will be hanging out with them this whole year, but it will be nice to also have my own friends.
A lot has happened since I last blogged. My Spanish is improving, I guess. Its only been barely two weeks, but I definitly understand more. I am also opening up and trying to say more, which is also good. Hopefully school will also boost my spanish skills. But, boy am I nervous. School is going to be so difficult.
Below are some pictures from this past week: the first one is a cameleon. Yeah, they have cameleons here. I found it on the door when I was about to go out one night.
The next two are me with some friends of Maria. The first one was a party for Maria and her friend Miri for their Saints day. The other was a picnic that we had for our last day before school begins.


No comments:

Post a Comment